Pictures from the Friday and Sunday performances of The Little Mermaid are now available on the Pictures page.
[Tickets are no longer for sale]
Here are video links to the dances learned for “Under the Sea” and “Kiss The Girl.” Please practice before the next rehearsal!
Here are the YouTube links!
First rehearsal has been postponed until Monday, January 13th.
“The Little Mermaid”
The spring 2014 LMS Musical will be “Disney’s The Little Mermaid!”
The tryouts will be:
Monday December 16 – 2:30-5pm for singing and dancing
Thursday December 19 – 2:30-4:30pm for acting (Postponed from Tuesday)
You should plan on attending BOTH days. Wear comfortable clothing for moving around and shoes that you can move in.
For the singing tryout, you can download either the “Part of Your World” or “Under the Sea” sheet music here. If you are interested in a larger role, you should learn one of these songs. If you just want to be in the show, but prefer a smaller role, you can learn either one of the songs above, or “My Country Tis of Thee.”
For the dancing, you will be taught a short series of steps, so that we can see how well you move.
For the acting, you will be put in a scene with some other students to see how well you can read lines.
The cast list will be up on Friday, December 20 by the end of the school day. It will also be posted on the website.
Email Mr. Bergman with any other questions at email@example.com.
“The Little Mermaid”
Welcome to “The Little Mermaid”! This is going to be a wonderful production, but only if everyone does their part! So here are some things to remember:
- Bring your SCRIPT and a PENCIL to EVERY rehearsal. You will be given instructions during rehearsals on where to move during scenes (“Blocking”) and during songs (“Staging”), and you should always write these things down so that you can practice OUTSIDE of rehearsal as well.
- Visit the Middle School Drama website AT LEAST once a week to know of recent updates. The site is www.littletonmiddleschooldrama.com. You will MISS important information if you don’t.
- Within the next week, I will post forms that need to be filled out for our production. They include:
- A Biography form for the board in front of the theater. EVERY cast member should fill this out, and return it to either Mr. Bergman or the “Drama” box in the office.
- A T-Shirt and a DVD order form. We will have shirts made especially for this production, and it will be video taped. All forms should be accompanied by a check to “TOWN OF LITTLETON” for the correct amount, and returned to Mr. Bergman or the “Drama” drop box in the office.
- On FEBRUARY 3rd, from 6:30-7:30pm – there will be a meeting for all Family members interested in helping out with the production. The production cannot be successful without this additional help! We will meet the LMS Café. **If you are unable to attend, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) of your interest, and I will refer you to the appropriate chairperson.
- We are always looking for people who can sew. Please let Mrs. Nichols know if you can help in this area.
- If your cast member has to miss a rehearsal, please let me know at least 24-48 hours ahead of time. Our rehearsal time is VERY limited, so I need to know if I need to make adjustments to the schedule. PLEASE REMEMBER that cast members who miss rehearsals are responsible for getting any notes from scenes or songs that they are in, or they may not be able to participate in that particular scene/song.
- Everyone cast member is getting a copy of the SCRIPT. It is yours to keep and mark up as you need to. DO NOT LOSE IT! Put your name on it, and put it in a binder if you want so that you will know where it is.
- Tickets will go on sale in mid January. There will be both Reserved Seating and General Admission seating.
I look forward to working with you all on this fun musical!!
Hi Everyone –
Thank you to all of you for a fun and productive audition day!
Below is the callback list for Monday evening @ 7:30 at the HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM. Students are listed in alphabetical order. The callbacks should last until around 9:30. These will be reading auditions, and the sides will be passed out once you arrive. If you are not on the list, we will see you on Wednesday at 6:30pm at the HIGH SCHOOL AUDITORIUM.
*Unavailable –> already seen.
Hi Everyone –
I hope that you all have had a wonderful summer, and are getting excited about the fall musical!
You will now find the audition and rehearsal information on this website for the High School / Middle School Musical, “Shrek.” The sheet music needed for the auditions, as well as reference recordings for them, can all be found at:
[No longer available]
There will also be an information meeting for all students with other questions about the shows on Friday, September 6, from 2:15-3pm in the High School Auditorium.
A note from Maryann Zschau, the director for Shrek:
Shrek will be performed December 6-8 at Littleton High School. It is open to ALL students in grades 7-12.
Trying to get a jump on the madness of what will be auditioning the musical at the beginning of school, so I thought I would send out a PDF of the SHREK script for all of you to add to your summer reading list. Please note that it is in two PDF’s and that the only roles that will have to be played by boys are Shrek , Donkey and Farquad . All others are unisex!
You can download the Broadway sound track on Itunes or get it on Amazon, but please note that one of Donkey’s tunes and the Dragon’s song are different in the script and we will be doing the script versions, not the CD versions.
We are still putting together the week night rehearsal schedule (Sunday afternoons from 1PM to 6PM are confirmed), and will be in touch with that in the coming weeks. Please know that your weeknight availability WILL affect the size of the role you get, but there are LOTS of roles of all sizes. It’s a big, new show for us, so we need full commitments from those in leading roles ( Shrek , Fiona, and Donkey in particular).
Mr. Bergman is actually musically directing a community theatre production of “Shrek” in September in Sterling MA (Next to Leominster), that I would encourage you to see. Details to follow…
Have a wonderful rest of the summer and stay cool!
Director for “Shrek”