“The Little Mermaid”
Welcome to “The Little Mermaid”! This is going to be a wonderful production, but only if everyone does their part! So here are some things to remember:
- Bring your SCRIPT and a PENCIL to EVERY rehearsal. You will be given instructions during rehearsals on where to move during scenes (“Blocking”) and during songs (“Staging”), and you should always write these things down so that you can practice OUTSIDE of rehearsal as well.
- Visit the Middle School Drama website AT LEAST once a week to know of recent updates. The site is www.littletonmiddleschooldrama.com. You will MISS important information if you don’t.
- Within the next week, I will post forms that need to be filled out for our production. They include:
- A Biography form for the board in front of the theater. EVERY cast member should fill this out, and return it to either Mr. Bergman or the “Drama” box in the office.
- A T-Shirt and a DVD order form. We will have shirts made especially for this production, and it will be video taped. All forms should be accompanied by a check to “TOWN OF LITTLETON” for the correct amount, and returned to Mr. Bergman or the “Drama” drop box in the office.
- On FEBRUARY 3rd, from 6:30-7:30pm – there will be a meeting for all Family members interested in helping out with the production. The production cannot be successful without this additional help! We will meet the LMS Café. **If you are unable to attend, please email me (email@example.com) of your interest, and I will refer you to the appropriate chairperson.
- We are always looking for people who can sew. Please let Mrs. Nichols know if you can help in this area.
- If your cast member has to miss a rehearsal, please let me know at least 24-48 hours ahead of time. Our rehearsal time is VERY limited, so I need to know if I need to make adjustments to the schedule. PLEASE REMEMBER that cast members who miss rehearsals are responsible for getting any notes from scenes or songs that they are in, or they may not be able to participate in that particular scene/song.
- Everyone cast member is getting a copy of the SCRIPT. It is yours to keep and mark up as you need to. DO NOT LOSE IT! Put your name on it, and put it in a binder if you want so that you will know where it is.
- Tickets will go on sale in mid January. There will be both Reserved Seating and General Admission seating.
I look forward to working with you all on this fun musical!!